Organizacja Pożytku Publicznego
tel. 0048 12 269 86 20
nr konta: 98 1240 1444 1111 0010 1566 6214
Every year our hospice organises 3-day trips to Łopuszna during which employees and children with their families participate in various activities.The basic idea of this project is to spend time together, to have social interaction and to have fun. For the families this is an extraordinary experience because in a beautiful mountain scenery they can get some reprieve from the daily trouble and get to know each other. In many cases these events result in lifelong friendships based on mutual support and compassion towards others. For the hospice workers this is an opportunity to extend their knowledge during cyclic training programmes that have been organised for three years.
Łopuszna is priest Tischner's, the patron of our hospice, beloved place. When he was a boy he moved to Łopuszna along with his parents. Here he absorbed the mountain people's culture. Here he got to know his friends- villagers that inspired him with their own mountain-inspired philosophy. Whenever we come to Łopuszna we want to pay tribute to our patron. That is the reason why every year we visit places strongly connected with him
The Priest and Professor Tischner Memorial House
Due to the initiative of the community authorities from Nowy Targ, the members of the Tischner family, the local parish priest and the community of Łopuszna a wooden mountain hut was built on the structure of Communal Culture Centre and it became the priest and professor Tischner Memorial House. The building of the house was begun in 2002 and on the 4th anniversary of his death (March 27th, 2004) ceremonial opening was held. The priest's personal belongings were given by his family and the villagers had their share in providing the necessary equipment.
The opening ceremony took place on 27th June in 2004. Among the guests were Bishop Tadeusz Pieronek, local parish priest Jerzy Raźny, chairman of the Commune Council Wojciech Nowak, family members and numerous friends and enthusiasts not only from Podhale but from all over the country. In the museum part of the house there are the priest's valuable items including manuscripts, books and photos.On the 5th anniversary of the professor's death, the multimedia section of "Tischnerowka" was opened. It was consecrated by cardinal Franciszek Macharski on July 12th in 2005. It holds a series of documentaries about Tischner and lots of radio and TV recordings made avaliable thanks to "Radio Kraków" and the Polish Television. All the audio and video files are available on the two stationary computer, the monitor speakers, CD and MP3 players.The Priest and Professor Tischner Memorial House is gaining popularity and can be concluded from the number of visitors. Sixteen thousand people visited "Tschnerowka" from July 1st 2004 to December 31st 2006. Priest Tischner was loved by many. He earned recognition and authority which is shown through The Tischner's Family of Schools. The godfather of the initiative was the brother of priest Tischner. Six years after priest's Tischner's death, 28 schools in Poland and one in Ukraine were named after him.
The church of the Holy Trinity and Saint Anthony Abbot in Łopuszna.
The church of the Holy Trinity in Łopuszna was erected in the second half of the 15th century and was consecrated in 1504. It consists of a chancel, a wide isle and a tower. It is a wooden shingle-clad church. From the riverside there is a sacristy. Inside, the ceiling is decorateted by the ornamental polychrome dating back to 1935. The remains of polychrome from 1500 are still visible on the choir loft parapet. The interior of the church is varied. The most precious church fittings include a gothic triptych, from 15th century, with a scene from the Coronation of Our Lady placed on the main altar and two baroque altars from 18th century.
The church has a distinctive atmosphere that cannot be forgotten- the scent of wood, the predominating chill, the quietness facilitating spiritual concentration, the ornaments bringing back memories of the past. The vicinity of mountains and the river. All these create a special aura in the place. It is worthwhile to sit down for a moment and contemplate the words of priest and professor Tischner: „The greatest of silence is the silence of a small church. Those who want to find God have to enter the silence.”
J. Tischner was extremely connected with this church. It was here that he celebrated his First Holy Mass and as he wished he was buried according at a nearby cemetery.